Travel Tips for Pitta Folks
Summer is here and travel plans are happening, and sometimes every weekend is booked. If Pitta Dosha flares up, then no one is having fun, including you. Remember the reason behind summer vacations and vacations in general — rest, rejuvenation and fun. Simple Ayurvedic self-care will cool and balance Pitta. When one is in balance, hot-weather living is easy. Reducing excess Pitta leaves more room for play.
- Design tight, run loose. Unexpected hiccups inevitable occur! Pitta types like structure, and when plans go whacky, it can cause Pitta types to feel out of their comfort zone, or feel like things are out of their control, resulting in frustration, controlling and/or impatient behavior. Be aware of this tendency, and see if you can find patience with yourself or your Pitta loved one.
- Hot temperatures and sticky humidity, combined with long airport security lines or freeway traffic jams, can ignite Pitta’s short fuse. Before you know it, a nice vacation day, or your temper, can go up in smoke. Try to plan around traffic, and bring plenty of cooling foods and beverages incase you get stuck in the car.
- Every heard of the term Hangry? This is Pitta to a tee. Hangry (Hunger Angry) can catch the unsuspecting family off guard and then hurt feelings can ruin the totally fun day at the railroad museum. Bring snacks, and try not to miss meal times, make a beautiful spread at a picinic to pacify fiery hangriness.
- Allow for spontenaiety! Pittas are great trip planners, but sometimes a vacation that is rigid with A to B destination plans looses the easy going feel of a side-tracked adventure.
- Don’t over book yourself with a tick-list that’s too full. Automatically, take 1-3 items off your Pitta vacation list, and free up your agenda.