Pitta Dosha Skin Care
Caring for Pitta Skin: The Pitta skin type needs both cooling and nurturing. Use skin care products that help enhance resistance to the sun. Avoid tanning treatments and therapies that expose your delicate, sensitive skin to steam for extended periods of time.
The ayurvedic herb Flame of Forest can help protect Pitta skin from photo-sensitivity. But like other ayurvedic herbs, it needs to be used in combination with other herbs for a balanced effect on the skin.
To care for Pitta skin, follow these guidelines:
- Stay away from harsh, synthetic cosmetics; they can damage your sensitive skin and cause break-outs.
- Avoid hot spicy foods and an excess of deep-fried foods; they add heat to an already fiery constitution.
- Eat lots of sweet juicy fruits and have some Organic Rose Petal Spread in cool milk every day. The rose is considered cooling for mind, body and emotions.
- Use a cooling oil, such as the Coconut oil, for the daily massage.
- Cook with cooling spices such as fennel and licorice.
- Take extra care to protect your skin when you go out in the sun.
- Use gentle, natural skin care products for cleansing and moisturizing. Wich Hazel with rose is a great skin toner.