Yoga Nidra is loosely translated to mean the ‘yoga of sleep’ – however this is misleading, because the purpose of this long meditation is to actually remain partly awake, while you let other parts completely relax into deep restoration.
Yoga Nidra is practiced lying on the floor with comfortable layers and blankets to keep warn, and in a space of complete focus and dedication. This meditation takes us deep into the under-layers of our consciousness, enabling us to erase long held stressors in the mind, body, emotions and spirit. If one is not completely comfortable and at ease, the practice will still work, however not as profoundly.
This practice has been used for thousands of years by seekers to develop self-inquiry practices, to see the nature of reality and existence. However, weighty goals are not required to receive the benefits of this incredible practice.
- Creating space for mindfulness
- Restoration, Relaxation and Rejuvenation of the entire human
- Reconnecting with the other end of the stress spectrum
- The rest equivalent to 6 hours of REM sleep
- Restarting the healthy functioning of the digestive, nervous and endocrine systems, among others
- Mental clarity, much more productive than taking a nap!
- Emotional upheaval release, and quieting of the monkey mind
- Routine for self-inquiry and self-care
- Stress button reset – clears the slate
I have created three recordings, one for each of the Doshas. You may purchase one, two or all three:
All 3 Yoga Nidra for the Doshas: online ($15)
Vata Balancing Yoga Nidra for the Doshas: online ($5)
Pitta Balancing Yoga Nidra for the Doshas: online ($5)
Kapha Balancing Yoga Nidra for the Doshas: online ($5)
Read more about this incredible practice on my website!